Wednesday, May 14, 2014

London Day IV; Paris Day I

Well, y'all, I'm going to need a vacation from this vacation - we are absolutely wiped. slap. out. - but it has been oh so worth every ache and blister - I am having the time of my life!

London has been so great to us, and I am excited to go back, but I must admit, Paris is my place. Next on my bucket list is to learn French, then I'll come back with Brian! I love everything about it, the opulence of it all just leaves me wandering around with stars in my eyes.

Ok, now for a few highlights of the past few days - this will be brief because I can barely keep my eyes open!

London Day IV -

We started the day at Westminster Abbey, and holy breathtaking! Unfortunately they don't allow photography in the Abbey, but we did manage to snap a few pictures outside.



Next on the agenda was to meet up with Catie at the Churchill War Rooms - I completely geek-ed out here. We spent a couple hours exploring the rooms and the Churchill Museum and then practically cleaned out the gift shop. 



We ended our fourth day with some breathtaking views of Big Ben and Parliment - then headed to an 18th century pub called, The Dove - a little bit of a trek to get there, but the food and beer hit the spot!
Paris Day I -

Today, we got up incredibly early and made our way to St. Pancras to catch a train to Paris, next we caught a series of metro and RER lines to Chateau Versailles - wow, wow, wow! It was truly an experience, wandering the grounds and taking a guided tour of the palace.








We checked into our hotel around 3 and then wandered around the Seine - Notre Dame, The Holy Chapel, The Louvre, Tulleries, Place de la Concord, Arc de Triomphe and finally toward the Eiffel Tower for a sunset river cruise and spectacular evening views of the tower.

View from the room!






Holy Chapel









This is for Brian - got two Paris cops in this pic - they also later sprinted after some Eiffel Tower "salesmen" it was awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment